PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qantas Sale Act
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 01:35
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF94, love the cartoon - how true.

As to your previous post, I don't think we are disagreeing. Dixon may have stated that Jetstar wasn't going to cannibalise QANTAS routes, or compete on them, but I think this is semantics. The SY - ML route is the 3rd busiest sector because it is the prime business route in Australia. Second would be SY - BN, I suspect. QANTAS will continue to operate where there is enough business to justify full-fare pax.

I live in Tasmania and it is noticeable that QANTAS only operates here for the morning and evening flights, in other words, for the business end of town.

As to the international side of the business you have much better information than I. As to the public figures about that side of the business I have my doubts and would love to see the results of a forensic audit. It should also be stated that although AJ is being seen as the villain in all this there is the Chairman of the Board who has a wicked reputation, especially in the field of IR, from his time at other companies. A lot of what has happened over the past 12 months has his apparent imprint.