PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 01:00
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a Proud Qantas employee for more than 20 years, I am going to enforce my own democratic protest without instruction from my Union.
I am imposing an Overtime Lockout on myself until I feel a time I need to remove it.
And just to rub the salt in, I didn't have to ring anyone.
As this is my ONLY option, I wish to apologize to my wife for spending more time with her than usual.
Please feel free to join me.
Save Our Qantas
Count me in ! I hereby formally give notice to myself, under my own instructions, to do the following:
  • I hereby authorize myself to desist immediately undertaking and performing any overtime.
  • I hereby authorize myself to not extend my rostered hours, duty hours, any hours above what is employee policy. Should this mean an aircraft is grounded overnight and considerable costs incurred against the company, and significant disruptions casued to service and passengers then I must accept that it is actually not my fault in the first place.
  • I hereby authorize myself to not 'go that extra mile' when fatigued or sick and still go to work. I agree with myself to take my sick leave, as per workplace agreement, to ensure my health is maintained to a safe level.
  • I hereby authorize myself to not go above and beyond my employement conditions. I will not offer any additional or extra public service than required, I will not actively seek solutions to problems that could save the company money if it is not written in my award.
  • I hereby authorize myself to no longer defend the actions of managements decision making strategies.
  • I hereby authorize myself to seek the benefit of myself first before the companies needs,in line with my own personal moral compass.
I can confirm that I have undertaken these actions while not being coerced or by any other entity, union, or universal factor.