PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish LOT 767 wheels up landing
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2011, 22:53
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When, 22 years ago, I started flying 737's, I was told ( & how many times subsequently forgot ? ? ? ) whatever, WHATEVER the problem, check the circuit breakers, then, you, or the first officer, get out the seat, slide it forward, & check again, because many, many , faults can be fixed in 1 second by resetting a tripped circuit breaker.

As I retire for the evening, my fondest wish , for Polish colleagues, is simply that the system that controls the releasing of the up-locks, has not "malfunctioned" by the simple expedient of requiring that someone reset a circuit breaker.
This being the case, I understand, whole-heartedly the mistake, & can also predict (accurately) the outcome of the court of enquiry.

Hoping it is nothing of the sort, & that the guys involved are going to bed sometime later tonight I imagine,"well rested " after combatting the effects of dehydration following a long transatantic flight.

Edited to say, the CB's on a 737 are hidden, in every nook & cranny possible, but principally behind where you sit,the 757 (& I guess 767? ) appears to present most of them right above your skull, so,my paranoid scenario is much less likely I guess/hope.

Last edited by captplaystation; 1st Nov 2011 at 23:06.