PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st Nov 2011, 17:51
flyermd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Guys, I don't know what to think of this thread any more. A lot of you complaining about things, wondering why people are still applying for the job....
This is how I see it:
-bad rostering is a common thing to meet in many companies, even with 90+ hours a month; so, how bad can it be with 70hours average? how many sectors per day?
-being home every night ( for a family guy like me ) is a target, something that you don't get for sure with Emirates....
-when what you take home now is half of what you could get with flydubai, again, why not joining? I know that you have to pay for everything, but if my math is right, you have a decent life stile with 25000aed out of the 48-50.000aed for a DEC. Not to mention that the projected income of a DEC with flydubai is higher than that of a F/O with Emirates (checking both web sites).
I'd be more interested in reading here the latest things about fleet (numbers, maintenance etc) training, updates regarding the routes, schedule, insurances, places to live in dxb ( to form/join an expat pilots community) and stuff....
I'm really considering joining this company so I would appreciate some subjective (as much as possible ) minuses and pluses regarding flydubai.