PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who are we all ???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2002, 21:42
Tonic Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm...and why not

Hello I have to admit, my plans fit me, and I know I am doing what is best for me. So, do what is best for you and don't compare to other people, because everyone is in a different situation financially and in other ways. We're all unique...

Name: Dan

Salary: 12500 p.a

Living: At home

18 Months?: Well, simply, my plan is as follows...

I got my PPL in Canada last year (I am English and live in Surrey by the way), and now, I am working fulltime at a big cinema and theatre complex in woking (The Ambassadors if anyone knows it??), and that gives me good money for what " I " am doing. I shall be working until next July, where I shall be jetting off to Toronto, Canada, to complete, with a company based at Oshawa airport, my CPL, and Mulit-Engine. I have been strongly advised by many Canadians to get float time, so I shall put a float lisense in there too The the company's Manager of Operations has been in touch with me for some time, and has said upon completion, I will be offered a position, with enough time on multis(50TT), as a trainee FO on the twins. So, I think I am pretty much sorted.

I know I have to emigrate to Canada, but I am a strong believer I was born to fly, and go where my life takes me. That place is Canada, which I love so much. I have had people rain on my parade, but at the end of the day, it is very important to never ever lose focus and be drowned by peoples negativity. I have listened to peoples encouraging thoughts and words of wisdom. It may sound silly, but it gives you a bit more of a kick up the backside to get on and really go for it I find.

I hope my words have been a useful insight and of some interest to at least one person Everyone is capable of doing anything, so please, as fellow PPRuNe Wannabes, dont give up. Make yourself and everyone proud. It must be such an amazing feeling to accomplish this flying business and I intend to find out what that feeling is like!!

Go for it everyone and the best of luck to you all !!!!

Smooth Skies....

Dan
(p.s - anyone going to Gatbash )