PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2011, 13:47
vor-lock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john
When you say you did not make it to the intervew stage, does that mean you got a negative response from you're application?

I ask this because I sent my application to OAA and prior the intervew you had to pass the aptitude test (which is where I failed) and if the sequence was the same for all FTO's, missing out on the intervew means you too failed the aptitude test, having been previously accepted to attend it.

Having said that, I appreciate your back ground, as I am too a flight attendant and just started my ppl course, and obviously had to get to grips with missing out on the intervew stage.
But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I speak to the pilots every day, what they all tell me is that if your passion is genuine, all you have to do is hang in there and not give up.
Easy for them to say I know, especially given modern times, but we would all be fools to believe that the momentarily stall that the buisness is going through is never ending.
I work for the major italian airline, and I know for a fact that in 5-10 years time, the need for pilots will be impressive.
If it may be of any hepl, all I can say is if i were you, I would give it another year, see if you have more luck next time, save some money and if all turns to the worst, hey you allready have 150 hours under your belt, start a distance learning course for the theory, ask your pilots what you don't understand, upgrade your licences and give it a shot, maybe for your own company. Ryan is a happy isleand for pilots, at least so i'm told, surely you know better.
And it is not uncommon for pilots to start of as cabin crew, so much better for a mutual understanding when on the job!