PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Ireland (Merged 2011)
Old 1st Nov 2011, 13:23
BigGrecian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The posts deleted were regarding PTC's financial liabilities and the fact their fleets were grounded. I'm not sure whether they were moderated or deleted by the original poster.

In their defense - and more to present a balanced argument than anythign else.

They "forget" that the students are CUSTOMERS before they are students.
I think any school where the instructor treats you as a customer is going about training the wrong way, if your customer relationship gets in the way of your studnet relationship then your training can get "distorted"

They are there to train you to be a pilot not to treat you as a customer. That's what you have management for and accounting / student services.

You don't go into university or college and expect to be the customer - you are a student.

instructors : even though PTC are a "professionnal flight school", training "professionnal pilot" who put "professionalism" at the top of their ads, WHO is professionnal pilot among the team there ? When I was there 1 year ago, TWO instructors were, only ONE having been engaged in real world ops on a jet, and they managed to fire that very guy. Except those two, NOT A SINGLE GUY who had ever flown a plane bigger than a 2x180hp Seminole !!!
That doesnt' make them any less of a professional and are probably far more skilled and qualified at their job than taking someone who has flown jets previously.