PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax division of Martinair Holland no more
Old 1st Nov 2011, 09:50
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
This is getting really scary now. Most of my mates in aviation moving up to the big airline & now airlines, themselves, dropping off the radar. Just a question of time before I am called for interview ! But, look, had the best time of my life in Holland on a short-lived Transavia contract and spent many subsequent years trying to get into Martinair. Never got close. I often think it was because of Schroder himself, a bit of a funny chap. Driving home to Reygershof 50, I was being followed by a Martinair FO(First Officer, not Flying Object). Dropped by the local Store to get some items. I got out of my car, no hat, tie disgarded and shirt unbuttoned to the waist(well, fancied the Popsy in the store). Martinair chap, did the same. From behind a tree, a screech of " Oy, you, come ere !" ! It was Schroder, I thought he meant me but he was after his own employee who was then on the receiving end of a very public admonishment about dress codes etc. I repaired to the safety of the store, giggling a bit. Inside, a well groomed and now - dressed correctly for shopping in uniform - First Officer told me that he was, facing further action on the subject, the following morning. I often think that was the reason I never got close to a job with the now, defunct,Martinair. Great airline though and I would have been proud to do my shopping in full uniform, including hat ! Totsienz chaps & good luck. Very sad demise.