PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA President Drops the ball on Lateline 31/10/2011
Old 1st Nov 2011, 09:48
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standard

A ride around te paddock on my educated horse would do you a world of good by the sound of your very graphic post.

How many times have heard this lame excuse ?
My point is.............I do not give to figs about your dispute when travelling.........and probably even less when home.
What have we heard so far ? :
1/ It's not about money...........it's about jobs ! 2,6% pay rise, although far from being astronomical, is a nogo in a 200 Million losing operation. Your share of cost cutting is 8 Million and top this with what Joyce should put into the pot instead of a pay rise which, I'm sure, he will come to regret.
Don't get me wrong. If your airline was able to pay you 1000 000 AUD to fly the A380 and still make money, I would only say lucky you. No pangs of jealousy. I am very happy with my life thank you very much.
Do not make the mistake everyone contributing on this threads and not sharing your opinion is either jealous or a frustrated pilot who didn't make it to Qantas. Just for the record.

Then this spoiled brat claim about better staff travel. I have no recollection of Qantas being greedy with staff travel.

But then, the market seems to have liked the lock out, Qantas share up 4 % and where does the money to buy planes come from ????

You want to keep the jobs in Australia ? Well then, adapt to what the competition does..............or renationalize Qantas and let the tax payer chip in.
You will discover that it takes a lot more than wearing a red tie or make unnecessary PA annoucements, to impress a very fickle travelling public to which I belong.You are surely just as fickle and greedy when it comes to spending your money when you buy a car or whatever.
I want the price to be right, not risk my life and get home on time. Some others than QF seem able to achieve just that at a lower cost.
No one wants to see QF disappear, but it seems you and Joyce are doing a pretty good damn job to achieve just that.
It's high time arbitration sets in and stops you guys from clubbing each other to death.

And please, do not use one event to sugar coat your claims. I would take your remark from Richard de Crespigny............certainly not from you.

Last edited by Me Myself; 1st Nov 2011 at 10:13.