PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 1st Nov 2011, 09:41
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Dav66id77 - There is no technical interview - thank god.

Speedbird100 - Recent recruitment to BA has been in 3 Categories;
i) military guys via a special managed path scheme;
ii) a new cadet scheme for anyone with any level of flying experience less than a CPL.
iii) and direct entry pilot (DEP), the requirements for this has changed over the last year or so but during the last period in July the requirment was:
  • For shorthaul vacancies you will have a current type rating, and a minimum of 100 sectors or 500 hrs experience, on a multi pilot aircraft with MTOW more than 10 tonnes or more than 19 approved passengers. You will also hold a UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(A) (Full or 'Frozen').
  • For longhaul vacancies you will have a minimum total of 2000 hrs flying experience, and will hold a full UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(A). Your total hours will include a minimum of 1000 hrs on jet transport category aircraft with a MTOW of greater than 25 tonnes, or multi-crew turboprop transport aircraft - or military equivalent - with a MTOW of greater than 50 tonnes.
  • In all cases your relevant experience will be current, or recent enough, so that you can conduct a Zero Flight Time (ZFT) conversion course at British Airways (for this requirement you will need to have operated the qualifying type within the 12 months preceding the start date of your ZFT course with us).
BA do not look at CV's, they only accept applications online when the application process is open. As far as I am aware they are not interested in ATPL exam results, they have never asked for mine, so I wouldn't worry on that score.

Regards