PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SERCO Baghdad
Thread: SERCO Baghdad
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2011, 08:55
baghdadkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But the real question is: Are there enough bunkers for all the people here at the camp? (quick answer : NO)
There are 3 bunkers on the Serco side of the camp...easily fit us all in spread between the 3..think standing space..you can cram a lot of people in to a confined area when all standing.

This has not been everyone's experience. Some here have complained about the lack of both reliability and bandwidth here. Serco has gone to some lengths to improve the internet (already a warning sign IMO) and it seems to have worked. But I have heard many complaints of skype calls being so bad/dropped that the callers have given up. And not just by controllers, by management and outsiders here at camp also.
if you say so...from my point of view it hasn't been a problem, sometimes slow, but I mentioned about that. It may be dependent on where you are on the camp so I won't refute what you are saying other than to say it has not been my experience.

Just a few weeks ago, two controllers were sitting around the camp hours before their planes were to leave without a visa/passport. Ask them how they think the visa program appears.
It might not be perfect and yes it is stressful waiting for your exit visa...but I have not heard of anyone missing their flight out of here due to a visa issue.

This place has a frustration level that will overwhelm some, grind on others, and never seem to affect others.
totally agree with you

All in all, I am staying for another 6 months to finish out the year, but not everyone is.
its 12 months service not a Jan to Jan type thing, I don't know of anyone currently here who has tendered their resignation effective less than 12 months service.