PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2011, 23:20
jpboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cattivo,

There are many people wrestling with the issues raised by impeding EASA most are probably far more learned than I! I hope I haven't given the impression of being the Jedi Master, all of the opinions offered are without prejudice and based on recent dealings with the CAA trying to sort out individual QSP snarls with the system.

I've also tried to unravel issues for non-mil one of whom was previously type rated on an MPA but who did not hold a valid and current multi-engined IR on returning to work and about to start another MPA TR. Whilst it is true that Lasors Section F 4.1 contains QSP references in the case of the civvie, and I believe Farfrompuken and perhaps yourself, you need to not read beyond the bold below in my opinion.

F4.1 Pre-requisite conditions for training

An applicant for the first type rating course for a MPA shall provide evidence that the following requirements have been met:-

b. hold a current and valid multi-engined Instrument Rating (Aeroplanes). This requirement applies to the first MPA type rating. For subsequent type ratings the Instrument Rating may be renewed if necessary during the type rating course and skills test.
Para b then goes on to talk about the QSP Green Rating but it is irrelevant (and therefore so is impending EASA) if this is not your first MPA due to the reasoning in the second sentence. In essence, you are not making the case as a QSP with all the current buggerance but as a previously qualified MPA type rated pilot.

As you have highlighted though ask 20 pilots/CAA personnel the same question and you will get 20 different answers. It is also a good point that having a current and valid civvie multi-engined IR will guarantee you being squeaky clean at the start of a Type Rating Course. However, an 8000hr type rated 747 pilot who has been out of the industry for 3 years isn't asked to do a Duchess IR prior to starting a 757 TR. In my opinion you are in that exact same scenario...........but remember Yoda not am I.