PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a new badge to wear
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2011, 22:15
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So running this one on a bit it... You get past the imbeciles at the gate with tools, no tea (but a sneaky Dilute 2-phenyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-chromen-3-ol + milk and two sugars) and a van full of other highly corrosive, poisonous and flammable liquids and can now work on virtually any aircraft without direct supervision and do whatever you want. Like you have always done and like you will do in the future. So, what exactly has been achieved, apart from pissing engineers off and making life difficult?

Additional security should result in a more secure and safer operation but as usual, more means less. I can now foresee the chief imbecile, the @rse responsible for making this sh1te up, now stipulating that engineers will have to be supervised when working on aircraft. I hope nobody tells him that you'll have to train the security guards as engineers so they'll know what to look for when they are supervising work on aircraft. If they have to be trained it will be interesting when they do their hangar training... And I won't let them be around my plane, for security reasons.

PM