PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 31st Oct 2011, 22:04
speedbird100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

I was hoping you could lend some honest advice to a student still doing their flight training just on the IR phase at the moment. It has been a passion of mine to want to fly for BA although just to get a job once finishing is probs the priority whoever it may happen to be with. I would believe that the standards BA look for are high and i was curious as to whether the airline would even bother looking at my cv if i was to send it in having only done 220hours. Also how strict are BA when looking at atpl exam results, is it true they only want 1st time passes over 90% ? The reason i ask is that i myself managed 90% however this was with one failure and im worried if i blown my chances of even getting looked at, or is there some flexibility to this ie. excellent flying results and a solid 1st time pass IR. Im also curious to know whether most of you who went for the interview were straight out of flight school or other airlines?

Many thanks