PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Distance Learning: Pointers Appreciated.
Old 31st Oct 2011, 20:43
allsaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atpl

newguy24,

I started the course at the end of July and I must admit, like yourself wasn't keen on the chopping and changing between subjects. I stuck with the original course structure because I could see the benefit of tackling the more difficult subjects in bitesized chunks and then having a breather with the simpler topics. I think you'll find that as you go through it, a lot of the lessons overlap and compliment each other.
I set a target of 4 months for mod 1, spent 8 weeks with the course material, then picked 1 subject, reviewed it and tested myself with the QB. When I was satisfied with consistent good scores, I moved onto the next subject, reviewed, tested and then tested on 2 subjects. I repeated the process until I'd done all 8.
At this present moment in time, week 15, I'm happy with 6 of the subjects, but struggling with marginal passes in Met and Instruments. I'm going to Bristol in 3 weeks, so hopefully, the brush up will get me up to speed.
The 4 month target has been quite manageable, I give up trying to study when my brain can't take any more. I don't work, and do this full time alongside hourbuilding, but I'm also a single parent, so have quite a lot of distraction!
Hope this gives you a better idea of how to guage things. I know it seems like a lot of work at the start, but keep at it, it'll all make sense in the end.
Good luck, and enjoy it!