PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 31st Oct 2011, 13:15
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only solution now is to bring onboard a CEO that knows how to extract the best from his staff and find a Chairman who has a passion for putting this company back on top, instead of spending his well paid time annilating eveyone who doesn't seem to share his views
Sir Hudson Fysh, Captain Ritchie?

An extract from one of Hudson Fysh's books:

"Out of the rubble of war was born international transport - it had to be organised or chaos loomed - so the nations went to work.

Then the Qantas organisation, battered and war-weakened, was refashioned, and rose in a memorable period for further great things which lay ahead."

"In which Qantas spreads its wings to the world. In 1957 we encircled the globe, and sprang to world prominence, backed by a fine human service, the Qantas staff; and so we prospered."

Wings to the World may have been written in 1970, but an acknowledgement of the staff is what makes a great company. Not the management.

The current management need to take a leaf out of this book. Staff check-in passengers, clean the aircraft, cater the aircraft, load the aircraft, maintain the aircraft, fly the aircraft, serve the passengers, ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. The list goes on, but I won't. This applies to all industries. Not just aviation or QANTAS.

A sound company has sound practices and a willing workforce. Not just board members, profits and shareholders.

I know I'll be told that's not the way of the world today.

The basics never change. If customers are confident and convinced that the staff are genuine to their needs, the money will readily flow in. Unfortunately, we've engaged in a race to the bottom to be like everyone else.