PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2011, 09:22
jpboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farfrompuken

The prerequisite to have a valid and current multi-engined rating applies to the first multi-pilot (MPA) type rating only. If you have the Herc on your license then whichever airliner you are going onto is not the first MPA type on your license and you can relax.

Give the CAA a call when you can to give you a warm and fuzzy, that's how I read the rule.

Billiebob,

Beags has nailed it, the deadline is 07 Apr 12. There has been some confusion because due to admin issues the CAA will be issuing JAA licenses until Jul but under EASA rules . I asked the question only last month of whether that meant the QSPs credits would be extended and got the same negative answer that Beags has sourced.

Albert Another

- For a QSP that already has a CPL with a ME SPA IR(A) between 1-5 years old, would the ME SPA IR(A) need to be revalidated (or still be current) to get an equivalent new EASA licence issued post 07 Apr 12?

- Post 07 Apr 12 would a QSP that already has a CPL with a ME SP IR(A) between 1-5 years old, be able to just do a ME MPA IR(A) on a suitable military ac to upgrade to a full ATPL (or EASA equivalent)?

Is your license CAA or JAA? If it is CAA then pay to transfer your license now to JAA then it will become EASA by default on renewal (5 yrs time assuming you meet renewal criteria) and the first problem goes away.

There will be no Mil credits for the upgrade scenario but assuming you meet all the normal prerequisites and the mil type is on the civil register I see no reason why completing a civil rating on that type should not result in the upgrade.

In all these cases the CAA are generally helpful when you phone with individual questions. They too have suffered from manning cutbacks over recent years.