PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Mil Pilot after a job. Any job!
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2011, 07:28
greygraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Some sound like good news, others not so good but I suppose it depends on people's differing experience.

It does look like there are plenty of jobs out there, afap's a great site and certainly gives me a feel for what's out there, it's just who would offer me a job - the $60k ones or the $100k+ ones! It's good to get a flavour from you all of how I may fair, as it's quite a move from a job of complete security to throwing myself on the mercy of market forces.

As has been mentioned, I've still got plenty of time and have already been in touch with the licensing guys in QLD so will be as prepared as possible by the time I arrive. I've found sweating the small stuff gives you an advantage.

I'll probably try and focus my attention on the more interesting (to me) areas such as medical evac. I've done my military time so will probably steer clear of that unless I have a change of heart. The metro freighters sound like fun and an "education". I'll have a look. I particularly like the idea of QLD RFDS, as I seem to have spent the last 7 years flying on to desert strips in the dark and do rather enjoy the challenge. Anyone have any info/experience outside the usual google searching? Work/life balance? Rosters? Latest pay/perks? Progression?

Although, beggars can't be choosers, so I shall see what positions are available when I begin applying in the New Year.

Many thanks