PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 31st Oct 2011, 07:17
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are never going to convince you so it does not matter. Please explain all the other stall incidents on A/C that had yokes and still stalled as the PF held it fully back. By you staying on your pet hate of the Airbus you are in denial as well.
No, you'll never convince me against common sense and human logic, that's true.
Furthermore I do not hate Airbus, as my comment about preferring a SS to a yoke demonstrates.
I hate everything and everyone that is not willing to concede some error and then apply the appropriate correction.

To reverse the denial reproach is a very common and somewhat childish tool of people who cannot see through a genuine proposal to improve design and increase safety: I have repeatedly said, keep the SS but incorporate a drive-back!

Last but not least, I did not contest your perpetual mentioning of "... mama, mama,but the others crashed too, even with yoke .... ". You are spot on with that, no excuse.
Reread what I effectively said, namely that we should all strive to improve design and safety without any taboos. With the SS there has come some new errors. They need to be tackled, and they need not only to be tackled by increased pilot training and telling pilots off what to do if the system displays its flaws:

Improve the design to the better as well, FGS, even if it means conceding that some well meant gadgets did not work properly. You will only lose face if constantly denying the flaws, but never if you learn of mistakes.