PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas grounding?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2011, 00:31
herkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think QANTAS should take the chance to look long and hard at why people are voting with their feet and they are not getting the customers that perhaps are theirs.

In 50 years of travel I have noted the scene change greatly, some of it driven by penny pinching and some of it coming from the bean counters and perhaps some of the staff taking advantage of the change in things.

The bean counters are running this airline and like it or not, they are not the be all of marketing, an certainly understand little about using aircraft in an proper manner. 20 years ago a new aircraft brought into the fleet was sold long before it came into the market, so high was the standard of our aircraft. As such the airline had a good idea what each aircraft was going to bring upon disposal.

I have observed a lowering in cabin staff standards, not all staff I hasten to add, but there is now a a rude element and the cabin service I think should be looked at. Qantas used to be famous for its meals and soon I can Mcdonald type meals being served.

All the 100 and 1 cost saving factors impact on the pride that people used to observe by Qantas staff. I suspect that we are seeing a lowering of staff feelings under the new style management.

If I was in charge I would start and implement a review of all factors that impact on the business, sometimes a change may not be a good thing.

AJ and some of those who went before him lack the people skills to deal with
all people and that includes staff and public.

There is a chance for Qantas to wipe their slate clean, get rid of all the fancy accounting moves which fail to show the real picture and focus upon running a proper business.

What was that rolling noise, just Sir Hudson rolling over in disgust.