PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 23:29
quadradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex serviceman view of all this ....

The last QF flight I travelled on was a 707 ( ! ) crewed by civil and military crew (latter under training) on a flight out of Air base Butterworth, Malaysia back to Australia in 1978.

While I no longer reside in Australia I have travelled to Australia several times since with Pac Blue and Air New Zealand .... why .... because I no longer had faith in the organisation from top to bottom .... be that management - out sourcing of maintenance - crew morale.

Branson engages with his Virgin employees .... Fyfe engages with his Kiwi employees .... it is reflected with the great attitude of staff in front office (cabin / check in) or Engine Room (Cockpit) ....

I will not fly Qantas / Jet Star.

You had a great airline ....

I really feel it is over ....

This is a very sad outcome.

Sincere condolences to all the great guys and girls who are affected by the death throes of this once Superb Iconic Airline.

I always felt safe flying with QF in the earlier days .... with good reason .... excellence in training right through all the aspects of the airline from the workshop up.