PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 23:18
blurter8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time is nigh

Over the weekend, during the barrage of comments i listened to, some far more bizarre than others, 2 statements i will remember, as i believe firmly they are weighted in sensibility
1. By Dick Smith (who would have thought)
"How can Qantas compete with Govt sponsored/owned Airlines with total right of entry which is not reciprocated. It is ridiculous and will never be anywhere near a level playing ground"
2. By Webber (cant remember his first name.) " Qantas competitors are mainly Govt owned entities. They do not look to there National carrier to be solely a profit making business on its own, quite the contrary, these Countries look to the Airline to be a conduit to bring passengers to their country to promote investment in their Country as a whole and everyone in that Country prospers to some extent"
The Management that we at Qantas have been subjected to has been toxic to say the least. It has now reached DDT levels of toxicity. i can not remember one engagement survey that was within cooeeeee of the word positive in regard to our Management. We have been mismanaged to within a whisker of total collapse on to many occasions. Anyone who believes that from today we will, as a workforce, go off to work with a spring in our step and a smile on our dial are living in that little place Joyce spoke of recently, cloud cuckoo!!
The Govt has to move NOW to begin the steps to acquire Qantas International. Go back and address the complete pharrrk ups of the past 7 to 8 years and fix them. Get us the 777,s that we should have had years ago. Remove any contact with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of the current Management team, no forget that, piss them all off. I for one cannot work in an environment even coming close to one of trust and respect with these complete clowns at the helm.
Sensibility has been so rare during the last 7 or so years that i honestly am amazed i can still spell the word.
Senator X also needs to kick off a thorough,deep inquest into the Managerial history and decisions made by them going back at least 7 years and bring the absolute self serving, self indulged, intelligence devoid bafoons that have been in control, and i use that word so so loosely, to task.
The end... it was very close to the end indeed and i am still not so sure we are out of the woods by a longgggg stretch.