PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 22:23
Kinocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As DUB has no scheduled operators flying to Cyprus and Greece I think it will be a while before NOC gets them.
That's a fair point, I was thinking of the Scottish airports where charters to Greece are common, didn't realise that wasn't the case at Dublin. I just think the charters need to offer a bit of variety in terms of destinations, taking on Ryanair head to head at a small airport like Knock is not the way to go.

On another note with EI base in LGW almost certain to close where does it leave NOC.
Hopefully EI will keep the route as a W route from another base. I figure if they were cutting it they might have hiked the prices similar to what they have done with Malaga. The loads have been steady and the decision to keep it daily this winter had suggested that EI were happy with it. It would be a disaster to lose it unless EI fancied giving Knock some Heathrow slots instead (no chance) or Ryanair saw the opportunity to go double daily to Stansted or Luton (small chance).

Hopefully the hints about new Ryanair routes come to something in the next few weeks as it looks like there will be a few losses next year - Leeds, Dubrovnik, less capacity to Manchester and Faro, and possibly Reus and/or Gatwick too.