PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 21:46
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't look like there will be much charter action at Knock next year, it has been mentioned that Europe Airpost to Faro might not be back and according to another thread on this site Dubrovnik Airlines has gone bust. That would just leave Lanzarote as the only sun charter unless something new is announced. I think there might be potential for sun destinations that the scheduled operators don't go to, like Cyprus, Greece or the Balearics. It would be a pity to see Ryanair gain a monopoly on sun routes from Knock.
Thomas Cook have 2012 on sale and no KOC - FAO flights on sale and not in the brochure.

As DUB has no scheduled operators flying to Cyprus and Greece I think it will be a while before NOC gets them.

Leeds/Bradford is still showing on the Ryanair website with crossed out planes for next summer, similar to Alicante and Reus. Maybe they are thinking of bringing it back seasonally like they did with Bristol, the loads might just about be good enough in the summer months to justify retaining it together with having the benifit of putting some additional pressure on flybe at Manchester.
Each season is loaded the same as the previous season. So summer 2011 is loaded as summer 2012. They the changes are made.

I would nearly gaurntee that ALC will be back and FR are just holding out to get there own way. If some ALC routes don't return I would say that the UK and Ireland won't be affected regaurdless of air bridge usage.

As for Reus would say its the weeker of the sun routes from NOC and can't say if it will be back.

On another note with EI base in LGW almost certain to close where does it leave NOC.

AGP being dropped in JAN. Fares gone form £30.00 to over £250.00 just like EI did when they reduced the base before. Don't see them basing aircraft to operate NOC, DUB and ORK.

Currently DUB aircraft are operating LGW - ORK this winter will they do this with ORK and NOC next summer. What are laods like on NOC - LGW? and how profitable is the route?

If the base closoure happons its because the base in not profitable or EI may be getting rid of the one or two of the A320 as the 4 A319 will be joining the fleet instead.