PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate pilot lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 18:33
corporate-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a corporate pilot in the UK and I absolutely love my job (been in this one 18 months). I've just had 5 days off and I am genuinely excited to be getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning as I really have missed working.

I think there is a huge amount of difference in jobs within "corporate", it really depends on the owner/operator as to what you will experience. I chat to other crews both in our hangar and when we're away and there is a real mixed bag out there.

I'm quite fortunate in that I have a rosta up to two weeks in advance, although this does change. I fly to destinations all over the UK and Europe. I'm at home most nights, a few times a month I'll be away for a night or two. I've never been away for more than 5 nights.

When we're down the line we stay in reasonable hotels and have a reasonable allowance to spend on the company credit card.

We operate modern aircraft which are very well maintained and I get well looked after by the company. The owners treat us with respect and will often make a bit of time for a chat.

When we're flying we operate to company SOP's, and having since seen some airline SOP's ours are very similar.

I genuinely love my job and right now would not want to be doing anything else.