PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR new block time account
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 16:29
Plank Cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recording of Flying Hours, Middle Eastern style:

Ladies and Gents of QR,

You may be unsurprised to learn that a certain other carrier about 200nm east of you has been doing this for years now. In this outfit, all augmenting crew on ULR ops (what QR call the B crew I believe) do NOT have bunk time credited by the company, specifically for the purposes of the 28 day and annual FTL limits.

Therefore, your annual limit is no longer 900 hours and your 28 day limit is no longer 100 hours. Indeed in 2010 I personally peaked at 926 hours for the year, and many other guys here approached 1000 real hours prior to factorisation. All allegedly perfectly legal, as the GCAA has accepted the company's FTL scheme.

Oh and if you think your home based CAA, or any other CAA are going to have an issue with this, sorry to disappoint but they care not. This has been learned by first hand experience. Their attitude is that you are operating (in your case) an A7 registered aircraft on a Qatari AOC, subject to Qatari QCAA regulations.

Believe me I wish it were otherwise, and with routinely 95 hours a month here before factorisation, fatigue is a real and present danger. The company doesn't care, and neither does the authority. Good luck to you all, and keep filing those fatigue ASRs as and when it becomes a problem. At least then there is some sort of paper trail leading to the smoking hole in the ground.........