PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 15:35
zoics88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
every time history repeats, the cost goes up

from the SMH:
One our readers raises the issue on the effect on essential medical services:
"I was meant to see patients in K tomorrow morning for scans to check on their cancer status but now I'm not able to. Qantas is the only carrier of urgent medical isotopes. Whilst I support moves to bring the dispute to a head I think the national rather than political interests should have taken precedence. I would like to know how Alan and the board feel about the impact and distress caused to patients right across the country? Perhaps we should debate the need to a nationalised segment of Australian aviation to ensure continuation of essential community services".
this stunt was pre-determined, planned for and contingencies put in place prior (some better than others)
LC intimated as much, after the AGM, with comments of a 'mandate' to run QANTAS as he/they see fit.

nice use of initial confusion over cause of grounded flights: was it unions?

the timing perfect: CHOGM = surprise and max embarrassment to the govt,
1st tuesday in november = max disruption to celebs & vips.
not to mention all those others stranded around the world..

QANTAS spin blames unions and will continue to do so.
(not seen much of olivia lately, locked out is she?)

the damage to brand and image will be astronomical and this will bring AJ and his cohorts to the brink, it's all about perception, the vibe, and i reckon they've misread the whole thing - it could go any where from here...

unity is key

bon chance