PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 10:44
amos2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in 1989 a young, naive, lawyer by the name of Tony North represented the AFAP during the 1989 pilots dispute.

Another young, naive, lawyer by the name of Geoff Guidice represented the Companies during the 1989 pilots dispute.

Over a period of 18 months or so I attended most of the court cases regarding that dispute and had many conversations with both lawyers and also overheard many conversations with those lawyers and their associates.

As we all know, the companies won that dispute, Australian pilots were dispersed all over the world and aviation in Oz has never been the same since.

Tony Norths career went backwards for many years after that loss, until he took on another case representing employers, won that and then became a QC after many, many years in the wilderness!

Geoff Guidice, however, had a wonderful career instantly, went on to bigger and better things and has had a wonderful life based on destroying the lives of some 1657 pilots, their wives and families!

That same Geoff Guidice is currently the President of Fair Work Australia, has indicated a week ago that he is retiring in a few months time, is currently the head honcho for FWA re the Qantas dispute and has a reputation for looking after number one!

I would be very, very concerned if I were a Qantas pilot.

Last edited by amos2; 30th Oct 2011 at 11:08.