PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 09:16
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go and get a job - any job. Dig holes as a labourer or work behind a bar, or do whatever to save a few dollars. The best job you could possibly land would be working in a hangar or at an airline Ops dept or for a flying school in any capacity so you're at least in the right environment. Aviation is your best field - naturally. Take out a loan to finish your training or to use to hit the road to look for a flying job. Do not quit and do not give up. All the while STUDY, STUDY, STUDY. That costs nothing. That's why I said in the short term it is damn hard but in the long term you are miles ahead professionally & financially.

That is your answer.

The jobs WILL NOT come to you and there will be more than a few knock-backs. Too many sit on their keyboard & moan about being unemployed but don't hit the road and knock on doors. Emails are but one impersonal and static means. A face to face introduction, CV in hand accompanied by handshake seems to work wonders, for any job.... Go figure.

You may have to leave home or leave your immediate country. So? You want to be an "international" airline pilot so what if you have to pack your bags & live elsewhere for a period of time to make your dream a reality?? I did it as have 1000's of pilots before me. No big deal if it is where your heart is or this "passion" so many iCadet wannabes speak about yet don't show or back it up.

Pilots did this for decades prior to soul-selling "iCadetships" being introduced. But now such a thing is deemed "too hard" by too many when there is a cheaper, nastier and "easier" way. We've all repeated the saying "If it looks too good to be true" or "Nothing in this world is free" yet those same people advocate this CEP.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 30th Oct 2011 at 09:37.