PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 07:15
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
PAF.

Thanks for the tip.

1. I still can't see where I said 'unions should run the company'.
2. My post was my idea of 'good faith'; not what you describe.
3. 96% evidently does not ensure good faith either! Are they all amoral? I know what I think.

I did not mention anyone specific, and I but I reckon my proposed 'good faith' would garner far more respect and success for the company than their current behaviour. Perpetually saying 'no' is not negotiating. AIPA representatives have, since 1966 until now, always reached agreement with the company without industrial action.

and..

"The idea that people like SP choose the pay and conditions you work under, and will inflict wounds on a company until they agree is incorrect. The idea that it's 'bargaining in good faith' for people like SP to propose something a little beyond what he's after and expect the airline to accept 90% of what he asked for is incorrect."

but you seem to be saying that the company can continually say 'no', without any constructive counter-offer or credible and truthful explanation, and that is ok.

Just saying the cow is sick does not make it so. If it were as sick as they would have us believe, it would be easily and transparently verifiable. I say it's dogma at it most cynical...