PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SERCO Baghdad
Thread: SERCO Baghdad
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2011, 04:56
meddle east

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the water, FFS....everyone knows here the water from the tanks are for flushing your **** down the toilet and showers. If you use it for anything else....what can I say....there is so much bottled water here than you could shake a bottle water stick at. I use that for my drinking water, jug water, teeth cleaning water. The only other thing I know the tank supply does is the ice machines....and it goes through about 5 filters before it even gets to the frozen stage. Even if some scrotum drove up to the tanks outside the camp where the flood lights are on and the guards have a video on permanent camera out the front, and injected something into the water supply...ahh I'm just raving now....
sorry it took a bit to post an answer to this, wanted to be sure of my 'facts'...

Asked the cooks how many bottles of water they used when they made the soup: after many confused looks= NONE

asked the dish washers how many bottles of water they used per plate/ per cup:
more confused looks=NONE

apparantly water is used for more than your loo. But just to be sure, I checked with security about water supply and now there are two separate areas. One area is locked up with concertina wire on back side (where the cameras are NOT). Guess you are not the expert, and some do think, including security that potable water should be safeguarded. Glad you are not in charge.

By the way....big new bunker down by my room...
But the real question is: Are there enough bunkers for all the people here at the camp? (quick answer : NO) And are more coming? Seems not. To which management always seems to answer.... "the bunkers aren't really any protection anyway" Of course that did not keep them from occupying them during the mortar attack (not the controlled detonation-we all know the difference) while many controllers sat in their tin cans, unaware of any danger at all.

Since you like it, stay. Many here don't and are leaving at year end. Should be interesting since the present staff is already being asked to work well past 6 days in a row.

ME