PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 29th Oct 2011, 21:44
NewPiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is absolutely the right call by the CEO. Its a gutsy proactive move. Its easy to sit back and criticise AJ when none of us will now never know the result of an alternative decision by the QF board, i.e sit back and watch the unions hassle the company over the next 12 months. This is what the unpopular labor govt has demonstrated....a lack of guts to be proactive even as recent as last week when they were advised and asked by several leading people to be pro-active and get involved. What did they choose to do? Nothing and now, yesterday, we see Gillard taking action. A good smart govt would have seen this coming ages ago and should have acted ages ago. I'd be very surprised to see QF start up again in the same scale and size that they were yesterday, at least as far as LH ops are concerned. 1000 job losses is going to look cheap when all this is said and done. The blame lies fairly and squarely on the 3 union leaders I'm afraid. They all got caught hook line and sinker!