PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 29th Oct 2011, 18:50
skytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Its not perfect but its a lot better than most of the others. You know it and that's why you are still here!

Don't complain about Salik and fines. Its nothing! Been here for a few years, never had a bogus fine.
Why dont you mention that here in UAE you get a car with no VAT and import tax! I changed my car recently, and checked how much is the price back home, somewhere in Europe. The difference its 15.000 Euros. Thats all tax and tax that you dont get to pay here in UAE. not to mention the cost of fuel.

@Geordie, accomodation is free, its part of your deal! Company is paying your rent. Or they give you the option of getting whatever house you want. The house allowance you can choose to get instead covers a decent villa. Its even better like this 'cos you're not forced to live in company accomodation. If you want to save money you get an apartment and pocket the rest. many do this.

It all depends how you look at things.

Medical insurance you pay for your family it is still a good deal comparing to what you get! You should be happy you have the option of doing so and not have to get an outside private medical insurance. They are very expensive as medical services are very expensive in UAE. I have friends that need to pay as their contract doesnt cover the family and I got to know about it. Just for you to have an ideea, a simple consultation cost 525dhs at American Hospital.

Again, its not perfect, I wish the medical cover would be the same for the whole family. Also, living costs have gone up a lot in the last 3-4 years and muncipality fees have been invented.
Still, you have to look out there before complaining so much and see what's around you. your deal is still one of the best in the industry.

Last edited by skytrax; 29th Oct 2011 at 20:36.