PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Helicopter Forum Section
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2011, 13:47
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK then.....

..... so from now on all the Fora in Pprune now have an invisible prefix 'Fixed Wing'. I can live with that. It will at least prevent me from labouring under the illusion that if I post on any other forum (Trainers and examiners, military etc etc) that I will get a response. Plank people are generally of the opinion that helicopters are objects that defy the natural laws of motion, gravity aerodynamics and common sense so we will remain within our SILO and read interesting posts that we otherwise would not have seen.

maybe the positive thing to do is to change the Fora titles so that the categories state:

Fixed Wing Airline Forums
Fixed Wing Non-airline Forums

Etc etc - that would at least add clarity to the situation. We could then be in a
section called...... way for it ......

ROTORHEADS - the forum that is home to all things relating to helicopters and gyroplanes.

Newbies would not misunderstand that if they are an FI(H), TRI(H) they should not post on the Forum of that name because they will get little if any response.

One way or another let's decide what we want (happy with SAS's analysis and Pprune towers) but please can be have a system that reinforces that rather than one that depends on chance to direct our members.

G.