PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2011, 08:42
yep_ok_whatever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChinaB:

This is the point I am trying to make. You say that CX has devalued wide body pilots to a despicable level. All I am really trying to find out is, what other options are out there for people with no money to their names?

Is it fair to assume you can only become a pilot by spending $US 80-100K? And that if you do not have the money nor the perserverance for ten years, then you should not be a pilot?

As an aside, I do understand about the 49'ers, although I haven't read the book. But what I am reffering too is that if CX decided to lay an icadet off in their first year as SO I would be damn sure that the forgiveable loan does not have to be repaid. The 49'ers was also a one off incident and to my knowledge hasn't been a reoccuring nightmare. Again, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I do think that it is unfortunate the T's & C's regarding housing have changed so much so that it leaves old cadets in a poorer position (no pun intended).

In some way I do hope that the other noobs out there appreciate your info despite the abrasiveness, otherwise we would not have a devils advocate or a sounding board. So thanks in advance, and apologies for any future mud slinging I may do.