PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arabian Jets
Thread: Arabian Jets
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2011, 04:15
mizarlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARABIAN JETS

Mutt,

Take it from those of us who have lived there. It is not safe, has no security. The Durrah is a rundown poor excuse for a resort. According to AJ Management we were told that the Durrah suffered a terrorist attack 7 to 8 years ago and people were murdered. I hear numbers of just under 10. Due to this attack, the place went to crap as people did not come back. I think the reason we found out any information from management was that the info was passed by a pilot not any of the PNGs.

According to AJ management, the owner of their GIV was heavily involved in the development and AJ gets a ridiculous cheap price, since the apartments would otherwise sit vacant.

Some how the Prince who is supposed to be the main money behind AJ is also connected to the Durrah. I ran into a young Prince at the Durrah who said Prince Turki Ben Nasser was his Uncle. By the way this young Prince and his following looked like a rag tag bunch of terroists themselves.

Way too many strange things going on with AJ. We had a Flight Attendant who worked at AJ Management who found that a woman was raped at the Durrah (this year 2011) by a Saudi Prince but this was covered up according to her. This FA made a strong effort to get the crews moved out of this place due to the potential danger. For her effort she was fired! This lady was from the Middle East, spoke the language, knew the culture and had been the personal Flight Attendant of Prince Turki according to her and one of the pilots in management. She warned the crews over and over that we needed to get out of this place, but as I mentioned earlier, her attempts to get us moved seemed to get her fired.

Do you really find is strange you have not heard of any problems at the Durrah? A governemnt that takes swift and brutal action to put down any unrest in the country. GAG!