PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2011, 00:52
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laydo, Sav,

John, many thanks for posting the Miller pic, yep I think you got my buddy in one, the power of PPRUNE... I am planning to come visit the UK over Xmas this year with the wife. I'm sure I will bump into him in the pub... I seem to recall the surname Wilson, from Queensland if that rings a bell.

Sav,

I live in St Johns, and yes have many 'snowcopter' pics. Funny you should ask, as I am in a remote drill camp in N.Ontario right now on tour, and we had our first snowfall of the winter last night,aprox 5cm, nothing for our standards, but I think my engineer took some pics as it cleared and the Northern Lights appeared. I was even impressed with my 350 B2 sillouetted against them and the snow,and have seen many beautiful sights in my years in Canuckland.Internet is very slow here, but when I get off tour will send many snowcopter pics for your collection, pm me your email....

Thanks again guys for posting all this nostalgia, and keep them coming. Days are getting very short and nights very long here, winter has arrived. It really passes the time on weather days or the long nights on tour reading all this great stuff.... Best Regards, Newfie.....

Last edited by newfieboy; 29th Oct 2011 at 01:10.