PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2011, 23:34
yep_ok_whatever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinabeached: Am I correct in assuming you work for Cathay? I am assuming you do by your previous posts, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I can understand that you are giving your thoughts on the Cadet scheme and that of course you think it is a blight on the industry so to speak.

What I can't understand is the level of distaste that you have for it and the cadets who choose to follow this path?

Maybe you could elaborate on why you feel so strongly about this subject matter? I for one hope that you do not take with you to the flight deck the bitterness you bring to this forum. It would be completely unproffesional, in bad taste and quite frankly rude and arrogant. But I'm sure you wouldn't, you dont have the veil of anonymity up the front that you have sitting in Oo Laa all by yourself posting on PPRune.

In regards to the amount of money you will take home or how long you will be an SO for etc. It all is COMPLETELY dependant on your current circumstances! If you are in your thirties with children and currently a lawyer earning tons of cash, then it is quite possible this may be detrimental to your finances. However if you want to fly then do it, and just understand the risks. If you are a twenty two year old with no long term partner or dependants, then hell this could be a great opportunity for you.

Case by case basis...