PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 28th Oct 2011, 15:50
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along with the nonexistent drop of the nose, the lack of buffet ("What was that?" - who knows, w/o the CVR), the gentle transition to 10k down added to the confusion. Rather, it Subtracted from the understanding.

What's left, the STALL/CRICKET? Known to be unreliable, where does that leave the crew? Exactly. Right where they would remain until impact, more or less.

Is it down to the inability of the two PNFs to see PF's Stick? Me, if I'm there, I will certainly peep this guy's Stick hand. Who goes into the water without a look at the reason? Attitude? Fine, if present, two out of three know the Stick needs a push.

1. STALL WARN malfunction (Design)

2. Autotrim up without Reliable Airspeed (Design)

3. Stick displacement, Command position, (Design)

4. Back Up Speed sensing

5. Horizon U/A, Unreliable.

These are identified as problems at/after STALL, and they need work.

At AutoFlight Loss, the CLIMB. This is the Cause.

A sufficient amount of evidence tells us there was disagreement/confusion related to the climb, and altitude. This is the critical bit. This, if understood, will spill the mitigations for a fix, imho. Laying it entirely at the feet of the Pilot Handling is neglectful of procedure, and ultimately, SAFETY.

Ultimately, which means too late, the failures will be addressed.

In reality, all the important problems happened prior to the PF taking control.

Arguably, with Goodrich Probes, there truly could have been Zig's concierge in SEAT 2, and no harm, no foul.

What is missing is instructive. Like, anything pro pilot.