PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly-in, fly-out culture stretching air traffic
Old 28th Oct 2011, 10:44
mikk_13

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You can push tin OS because you don't have lawyers coming up with wank procedures like separation assurance and the 2 minute stand down for missing an irrelevant read back.

The major problem is that there are too many smart people who have never worked outside ASA enforcing worlds best practice. If the just pissed them all of and let air traffic controllers do what they need to do to push the traffic through you could increase the amount.

Where i work, there is no official investigation unless you have less than 5 miles. So this means when coordination is dropped no one cares, when pilot doesn't read back a clearance for weather diversion and it is irrelevant anyway, you won't have an ALM stand you down because it is appreciated if you believe that the readback was important to you, you will chase it. Separation insurance is an Air Traffic Controller.

For example- here- You climb him, if it doesn't work, you turn him. In australia if you climb him, if there is a possibility it does not work (even if it absolutely ridiculous) , you are stood down. So nobody will climb him.

Here is another example

I had 2 opposite in non radar airspace. the high one has icing and need decent. There is no way to take him down as the lower one is blocking. It will take 10minutes until they will pass. I should have been able to give the aircraft a traffic statement and information on the situation to allow for the decent for the high traffic. However, I would have been stood down. So is this case I had to descend the low aircraft out side controller airspace to FL180, 6000'. Then the high aircraft descended to FL150. And they passed each other without the separation standard outside controlled airspace Only 6000' lower and in closer proximity than it would have been if I could have used my judgment and commonsense. So I can't use my skill and judgment, or commonsense to do what I need to do. I have to follow these irrational rules without exemption.

I guess the DFS is thankful to tfn for the good work.