PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2011, 07:20
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ciao Newfie

While my first commercial assignment was agricultural it was Africa-based and so, I'm sorry to say, I have little awareness of the UK 'ag scene' as it were.

Those on here who have an inkling of what went on are our new member Laydo, veteran image supplier Helipixman and Nostalgia Thread Patron .. Dennis Kenyon. Between them one should be able to gain a fairly good list of UK spraying companies.

On page 29 Helipixman lists the details of some ag firms (Elipix, if you're still around could you please reload the images in your post #576 on page 29 - as they've gorn!).

Hope you have luck finding 'Tim' from Down Under. Btw, if you're in Newfoundland and have any images of helicopters in snow - I would be grateful as I have a growing 'snow copters' collection.

John: Great images of AWFY You mentioned this craft had specical significance for you? I must say that the Alouettes/Lamas seem more suited to this type of work than the 206 (although the 206 does more than a fair job) but the booms on the Alouette blend well with her aft framework!

Given your interest in crop dusting and in Alouettes, I'm arranging some images which I hope you will enjoy. (Just awaiting the various photographers permissions). Regarding AWFY, we have a rather nice shot of her on page 27 in her early days with Heli-Union (UK) when she wore a teal blue colour. The image was taken by Nostalgia Thread friend and celebrated Air-Britain photographer Chris England.

More Alouettes ...

Dollar Helicopters SA315B Lama G-AZNI at Coventry on 23rd August 1986 (Photo: Peter Fitzmaurice)

AZNI was imported by BEAS in '72 then sold to Dollar in '78. Though listed as being exported to the US, AZNI looks suspiciously similar to the tragically mangled wreck which appears in post #569 on page 29.

Dennis, you can email me the image. Grazie! Trying to track down Dennis Smith's Dove!