PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2011, 04:03
oneflewnorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the PRK/LASEK a permanent solution i.e. once done, does your eye sight start deteriorating again or is it fixed for life regardless on how its used / taken care of viz. long hours on the computer, reading etc.
Hey Sep,
Thats sucks mate, sorry to hear. Uhhhh ok, bare in mind I'm no expert and you're best seeing someone but as far as I know from my experience: Generally, if your vision is stable when you get it (which it has to be) it SHOULD stay as corrected until you get older (40's) and then it naturally starts to deteriorate, like it does with everyone. That however may not always be the case. You do hear of people having touch ups or switching back to glasses/contacts. Also, some people may deteriorate younger etc. Think of it as a permanent set of glasses fried onto your eye...just like with glasses you get at age 20, they may not work at 30. Case by case. It does tend to last longer than glasses though and I'm pretty sure you should continue to look after your eyes as normal (reduce strain with less computer time etc.).