PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2002, 16:06
John Purdey

CHINOOK

Speechless Two: Had I not said 'as I see them' and 'in my opinion', then contributers like Yetti would have been even more censurious than he was. Very well, after thinking about all the fanciful alternatives that have now been floated here, for 'opinion' please read 'conviction' I can take it!

Yetti: So I have 'zero understanding of Safety Altitude'? Well then, it is a multiple miracle that I survived several hundred hours of VLL PR, quite apart from much more of less hairy aviation. You really must do better than that if you are to criticise me!

Arkroyal: The rules in force at the time included this definition of Negligence 'The omission to do something which, in the circumstances, a reasonable would person do; or the doing of something which, in the circumstances, a reasonable person would not do or would do differently'. Try that on the actions of the Chinook crew.

In general fellas, please let us stick to the facts we have, draw objective conclusions from them and be careful with (sometimes) wild speculations. Will be back a little later.. Yours in sadness, John Purdey.

Speechless Two, a typing slip erased the fact that most of my LL PR flying was at night. Very IMC!!. JP.

PS. The definition of negligence is to be found in AP3207 Chap 8 Annex G. JP.