PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2011, 02:32
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi laydo, Sav, Griffo,

Greetings from the Great White North.

You seem to be the men in the know re 80's spray companies in Blighty . Did you come across an Aussie guy name of Tim, last name eludes me for now,(but had a really hot Lincs girl for a wife,again, name eludes me). Last I know of him doing Ag work, was for Miller, out of Wickenby I think,late 80's early 90's. Was mostly plank, but had a few hours rotary,spraying in Blighty thoughout the 80's. Last time I had a beer with him was in Louth,Lincs (the Wheatsheaf), be the Millenium, Xmas time,he was living there, me visiting family as an expat Ludensian. We became good buddies, he was really interested in the International rotary scene as Ag was about done/done in the UK. Me flying Notar, 350, 205,212,longline ops and fire fighting, at the time,as I am doing again, in Canada really interested him. Put him in touch with the guys hiring at the time. We stayed in touch for a while, then as happens all the time in this industry, lost contact. Any leads or contacts would be great. Love to talk to the fella again, and have a few more beers in Blighty.Keep the nostalgia coming, remember as a kid on hols from boarding school, laying between the potato rows on our farm in Lincolnshire,hiding from the flagmen(before AgNav et al) getting nailed by the flyboys doing aerial spray....... If only I knew, well still passing me medical .

Regards all you guys/gals in Blighty,

Newfie.......