PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 27th Oct 2011, 23:35
tp320777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep the bmi possible take over is definitely a worry for us hold-poolers and hopefuls as anything could happen. Unfortunately there is no precedent set... When BA took over BCal I believe they took the crews and integrated the seniority list, but when Dan-Air was bought out (bar the 737 guys) everyone was made redundant.

This is only my opinion and I could be very wrong but I would have thought any buyer of bmi would prefer to asset strip and take the slots, this has already begun as BA last month bought 6 slots from bmi. It was out today that Lufty is 27% down on 3rd quarter earnings due mainly to bmi's €154 loss. Also BA must consider that it will really upset the troops if the 2 seniority lists are combined as that will push many further down the list and be very messy. BA were prepared to strike over Openskies a few years ago, surely BALPA would get deeply involved in this!

However on the other side of the coin I would hate to see everyone at bmi loose there jobs as this is always awful for everyone involved including the families! I guess we'll just have to see what happens....