PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 18:43
Danscowpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say that as a regular passenger with EA I cannot fault the service. The planes are always clean and comfortable, the general levels of professionalism of the crews, both up front and down the back, cannot be faulted - the ability to treat all their customers as valued clients not just an inconvenience is a big plus when travelling anywhere.
Just as importantly, prices compare very favourably with the much longer, much more expensive and less efficient first class (sometimes ordinary class) rail fares.
Its extremely rare that any disruption of services is as a direct fault of EA and if it is they've always been the first to sort it out face to face, not duck and weave behind smokescreens.
I'm also closely aquainted with a number of their charter clients who wouldn't return time after time to EA if the service wasn't first class and very competitive.

I've been in aviation long enough to be well aqualinted with the first EA and it's directors as well as this lot (except RL), and as far as I know EA have always tried to be a fair employer but they have to live with the economic times just as any anyone does and they've done very well to survive and grow this far.
It's ineviatble that pilots and cabin crew will want to move on to improve their lot, but as soon as they do they can be instantly replaced and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Something to think about perhaps.