PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 15:10
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....integrity and respect. They are NOT the views of a happy Cathay employee....
You're right. So very, very right!

Where did I convince myself I did Fly_boy a favour? I pointed out FACTS that you know nothing of. He made his own mind up like a big boy. Try it. He'll be in a FAR better professional postion as any iCadet will be in 5 years and either a jet FO or Capt in 10-15 years. A hell of a lot faster than a CX iCadet, by then on better money than a CX iCadet and fulfilling a dream that didn't involve screwing over the industry or colleagues. The guy will earn respect. The likes of you can never by what you believe is OK to do.

chip on his shoulder
Never denied it. I worked & studied my ar$e off for >4000 hrs to earn the right to dream of a CX interview only to see it stolen away by shear greed defended by ignorant, arrogant, self-deserving brats who as yet haven't had their pituitary gland spark up yet. So when reading what naive and pathetic kids type on this forum of "GA is too hard" and self righteous attitudes that slap the face of pilots who stand for something, it pi$$es most off. Your breed is slur on aviation and will never, can ever be a credit. You bring the industry down and not up. They are FACTS.

You simply didn't cut the mustard, China
How do you figure? I passed the CX interview, sim and selection criteria that was to a FAR, FAR, FAR higher standard than "So what do your parents think of you wanting to be a pilot?" [actual question asked to some iCadet applicants]. Again, I was offered the job twice and can sleep at night in that I turned it down twice. I have done, did and am doing what you want to do. Soundbite, your greatest challenge or achievement has been in locating your HSC. Wow.

You haven't lived in Hong Kong, you haven't worked for the company, and you haven't gone through the entire hiring process
a) How would you know? How do you know where I'm sitting RIGHT NOW? (hint, google Oo La, Sheung Wan)
b) Is it that obvious when I said I turned down the offer (twice) that you computed I don't work for CX? Watch out for that IQ test at CX.....
c) So I turned down the offer to work for CX that was offered me having passed the interview that you say I didn't do? No wonder you lost your HSC.....

Let qualified people post here
See, that's a tricky one. By "qualified" do you mean the CX definition of zero experience, zero aviation credentials, zero knowledge or zero backbone? Or the "qualified" definition of those who have studied, sat and passed the entire CX interview process, know HK, knows CX as an airline and culture, knows the iCadet package & complete T&C's, & with international widebody airline experience? You'll have to dig deeper on that "qualified" terminology because when that term is so putrid and muddied by sell-outs and corporate greed digging to determine new lows, things get confusing for kids like you & your new bed-pal when sprouting a term that you have no idea about.

but I am fed up with ChinaBeached and his cohorts talking b*****ks on this forum trying to put people off joining.
Then don't ask your stupid, ignorant and childish questions. Then when you get the answers you asked for but they upset your self righteous, self deserving needs & pre conceived ideas, you throw your toys from the cot (or PS2 at the wall), & seek an argument by attempting to use a word alien to you: "qualified".

Live in the present
I am!! I just bought an (investment) holiday apartment in Bali with the money I earn as a professional pilot!!! I'd like to share the experience & joy with you, but that would be mean as it is something you'll never get to enjoy to do on an iCadet salary. This "now" is GREAT! Hell, you'll be lucky to afford a 600 sq ft apartment in HK after 15-20 of shear saving if calculating CPI, the iCadet salary, allowances, etc. Yep... This really is a good feeling...!!!!!

"Bollocks"? Strong word! I see your parents disabled the kiddy protections on the computer.... Anyway, find but ONE of mine or other people's arguments about the iCadet package, standards, T&C's that are "bollocks" as you say. You kids come back with nothing but empty denials and empty accusations that we're all wrong and you with your "qualified" comments are right. Again, you're just the stooge that CX wants and attracts. So, join. Enjoy. But NEVER complain about the job you asked for nor the disdain the wider pilot body has for the likes of you.

Follow me around? Have fun. Most kids in your situation would be either seeking a job flying, studying or working. You choose the internet to blow your nose on. Smart. But again, CX will take you when you haven't even the balls to study for your ATPL/ATP that GA or regional operators require.

Join CX. Up to you. Just reep what you sow and don't be surprised by the number of pilots you meet who will walk away once you meet them. It happens now.