PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bovingdon Needs Your Help !!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 14:44
johnwebb123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bovingdon Needs Your Help !!

Dear Sir, Sorry to trouble you, I have just registered on this forum in a hurry and can not see how to post my notes, Please may I ask you to post this for me ? We only have 10 days to get as much information about our runway so that we can obtain a Certificate of Lawfulness to continue flying, otherwise the local Council will issue an Enforcement Notice to stop us.

I hope you can help,
Best regards,
Paul Webb. email: [email protected]

Dear Members,

RE: BOVINGDON AIRFIELD. Hertfordshire. HP5 3RW. United Kingdom.

We need Urgent Assistance ! Please can any of you help?

My name is Paul Webb and My father and I recently purchased Berry Farm HP5 3RW. We bought the farm, freehold, specifically because a large section of one of the former RAF runways in included on our land and currently used for light aircraft. Our section is 08 -26 and it is the section that runs vertical just north of the V.O.R. (Easily identified on Google Maps, HP5 3RW. ) Runway is 150 Ft wide concrete, more than a 1/3rd of a mile long. There is a Cherokee 180 based on the farm, owned by a local businessman who has used the 08 – 26 runway continuously during the past 25 years but only averaging 12 days a year. We ourselves are learning to fly a Eurostar Microlight and intend buy one as soon as we pass our tests.

The county boundary runs through our land. Herts / Bucks. The majority of the farm is in Bucks but the runway is in Herts.

Our section of runway has had continuous use for light aircraft since the RAF vacated the site in the early 70’s and it is our intention to continue flying from our runway but we now have a serious issue with the local council. They want to stop us flying as they are suggesting that the use has been abandoned! We know it has not been abandoned at any time but we now need to prove it.

Our only chance to keep the runway active is to apply for a Certificate of Lawfulness and to do this we urgently need to hear from any members who have, or are aware of anybody who has; either landed at Bovingdon or used our runway with or without permission for ‘Touch & Go’s since the end of WW2, to date.

If any members have any entries in their log books that mentions Bovingdon this will be great but even if flights have not been logged a simple statement by email will be very much appreciated. Please ask around as we need urgent help from as many people as possible.

Please keep in touch because if we succeed with our ( CLEUD ) you may find the facility at Bovingdon of use to you at some time. Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Best contact is email as we run a working farm and are not always available on the telephone.

Please remember, we are looking for any flying activity at Bovingdon since the war till now.

We have an Aviation Planning Consultant, Peter Kember helping us but we still require urgent help / information from any members !

All emails received will be attended to promptly.

Thank you very much,

Paul Webb.

Email; [email protected]

Postal address; Berry Farm. Whelpley Hill. Chesham. Bucks. HP5 3RW.