PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2011, 09:05
lesthegringo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"
My sister assures me that the 747 on which she flew to Hong Kong 'hovered' for 10 minutes before landing.

The same sister also assures me that in the US they drive on the left, the same as in the UK. When I challenged her I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and that she had driven 2000 miles on the left during a two week holiday. I commented that I was surprised she survived to tell the tale.

When we were viewing some old family 'cine' films, the same sister, when I commented that part of it was when Dad went to Lagos, said it was when he went to New York. As it was a Nigeria Airways 'plane I said he was going to Lagos. No, she said, why couldn't he have gone to New York on Nigeria Airways (from London). Then there was a shot in the street of obviously West African people on location, but she insisted it was New York - "there are black people in New York too, you know."

Finally, when we saw a bus that said : 'Lagos Muncipal Transport' on the side, she said : "You always have to be bloody right." "

I think I married your sister.....