PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Oct 2011, 04:32
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devine Wind
(correct me if I am wrong)
your mostly correct.
I am asking....is a PIC position on the A320 at QR better than a PIC job on the B737NG in Asia ?
the only thing i would say about that is, the Asia contracts are great right now, but they are just that.. time limited renewable contracts. The job a QA has no limit. You have a job as long as you keep doing it to standard, it all depends how long you can do it or how long they will put up with whatever it is you dish out (if anything).

jibba_jabba
if you take company accom, do you still get the allowance?
seriously ?? are you really assuming that would be the case. it really does not have to be said but the answer is obviously NO.

albacantik
its all what you make of it. As i have mention countless times in the past, i have been here a decade and its all ok. Living in this region can be somewhat challenging for some. This is definitely not the worst place to live, but then the same argument can be made that its also not the best place to live either. One thing is for certain, it is extremely safe, probably the safest place i have lived to date. as for the airline, Yes they work you to the limits at times, Yes the goal posts change all the time.. whats applies today will not apply tomorrow. The airline does not care about your personal issues in anyway. The basic mentality is that you come here to work, and thats exactly what they expect nothing more nothing less. Families make life much more challenging in this region. I see some people make a good time of it all and i see some struggle to no end.. again, its all what you make of it. make sure you have a 4x4 for desert getaways, a boat for tranquility at sea, and take full advantage of the unlimited ID90 travel (best done off peak times) then its not so bad.